Moonwalk Hierarchical Storage Management
Moonwalk Universal specialises in data management software that automates the movement of unstructured data from expensive and complex primary storage to lower cost disk storage, object storage and the cloud. Moonwalk is a sociable, non-disruptive technology with no introduced points of failure or scalability limitations. The architecture minimises network congestion as well as the consumption of computing and storage resources.
Moonwalk is used globally in a wide range of industry sectors including banking, healthcare, government, research and development and education.
- Moonwalk customers typically reduce storage TCO by 80% and achieve ROI in 12-18 months
- Primary storage upgrades are less frequent, less expensive and use the highest performing hardware
- Data growth is contained in secondary storage where upgrades are inexpensive, non-disruptive and predictable
- Up to 90% of the dataset is out of the primary backup path resulting in faster end-to-end processes
- A free 25TB Starter Edition automates file mobility from expensive primary storage to lower-cost storage devices or cloud services, without impacting applications or end users.